DR Congo Gorilla Trekking Virunga Park tour highlights:
The 3 days DR Congo Gorilla Trekking Tour Virunga Park tour will reward you with a memorable Gorilla trekking tour in the Virunga National Park in DR Congo. Not only will you enjoy gorilla trekking but also enjoy other wildlife experience that includes chimpanzees, giraffes, buffaloes and bird species to mention the few.
The driver will pick you very early in the morning from the hotel and he will brief you on the safari. The driver guide for your DR Congo Gorilla Trekking Virunga Park tour will transfer you from Kigali to Bukima in Congo and the journey takes 4 hours to arrive to Goma town where you will have lunch stop. He will continue driving after lunch to Bukima where you will spend overnight. Dinner and overnigh
Today on this DR Congo Gorilla Trekking Virunga Park tour you will wake
Today will mark the end of your DR Congo Gorilla Trekking Virunga Park tour. After breakfast embark on the journey to Kigali town, have a city tour and lunch. The driver guide will then drop you at the airport to catch up with your flight out.
- An English speaking full-time professional guide/driver
- All park entry fees
- Accommodation as mentioned
- Meals as stated - Full board while on safari
- Transport (in a 4 x 4 land cruiser)
- 1 gorilla permit per person
- Bottled drinking water in the vehicle
We use both standard 4×4 customized safari vans and 4×4 luxury customized safari Land cruisers with pop-up roofs for maximum game viewing, wildlife filming and photography and easy for taking as many photos as you can. Our Landcruisers are also fitted with charging system for your cameras, phones and also every client is guaranteed a window seat for easy view.
Our drive/guides are very professionally and well trained, we know every successful safari needs a great guide, majority of the comments from our clients regarding our services are centered on the professionalism of our guides.
Change of the itineraries:
The itinerary may change occasionally due to the availability of gorilla permits and accommodation.
Wi-Fi is available in most accommodations but sometimes it is limited due to weak signal points in some places.
Surcharge on Christmas festive season 24/12, 25/12, 26/12 , New Year Eve 31/12 and New Years 1/1
Policy for single and extra bed:
The third person using extra bed: Price as one adult
Policy for Children:
01 child under 4-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): Free of charge
• 01 child from 4 and under 9-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• 02 children under 4 years old (staying with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• From 9-year-old: price as an adult.children below 15 years are not allowed to trek gorillas
- A deposit of 20% on the safari cost is required when booking a safari. If a safari includes gorilla tracking and chimpanzee tracking then the deposit should include the full cost of the gorilla permit fee (US$600) and chimpanzee permit fee (US$150) per pemit per person as well. The remaining balance must be paid 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged up on booking.
• Payment in cash: Cash shall be paid at our office or will be collected at your hotel.
• Credit card: credit card fee is applied to the total amount and different from type of card
• Bank transfer: Please note that the bank fee in Uganda, and the international bank for transmission are covered by the client.
What to bring:
- Trail shoes or running shoes with a good solid grip and good support and cotton socks are the most versatile and comfortable footwear for this trip. Some people prefer their well broken-in hiking boots
- A wide-brimmed or peaked hat for sun protection.
- Poncho or raincoat just in case, especially if gorilla trekking is on your itinerary
- Light sweater, jacket or sweatshirt for cooler evenings. It cools off quite drastically in the higher elevations
- Sunglasses, Sun cream
- Camera and film
- Free cancellation on safari cost up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.
No refund of any kind on Gorilla and chimpanzee permits