Gorilla Tour and Chimpanzee Trekking Safari Highlights:
Day 1: Arrival for Gorilla Tour and chimpanzee trekking Safari, overnight in Entebbe
Day 2: Drive to Kibale Forest for chimpanzee trekking adventure
Day 3: Chimpanzee Trekking day with trained guides in Kibale Forest
Day 4: Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest for gorilla tracking
Day 5: Day 5 of the gorilla is for Tracking gorillas in Bwindi forest Engagi Lodge
Day 6: Last day of gorilla tour and chimpanzee trekking fly to Entebbe and depart.
This is the perfect safari for primate lovers to view primates, offering visits to both the chimpanzees of the Kibale Forest, as well as the Mountain Gorillas of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda. Age restrictions apply to primate tracking in East Africa. A wildlife safari to Kenya or Tanzania can be seamlessly added to make this a perfect compilation of Great Apes and the Big Game of East Africa or a visit to Zanzibar.
Arrive at the Entebbe international Airport. Proceed through immigration and customs. Met by the Safari guide and transferred to the hotel. Bed and Breakfast accommodation at The Boma / Karibu Hotel
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart for the drive to the Kibale Forest area, arriving in time for a late lunch at the lodge. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure to relax. Full Board accommodation at Primate Lodge Standard Cottages / Chimpanzee Forest Guest House.
Kibale National Park was initially established as a wildlife corridor for forest elephants migrating between the Queen Elizabeth National Park and the northern parks such as the Kabalega Falls National Park. It is Uganda’s supreme park in terms of richness in diversity of plant species, and for sheltering one of the highest densities of primate species in the world. Ancient forests of trees over 50m in height, and equally magnificent buttress roots form a natural playground for the chimpanzees, red-tailed monkeys, diademed monkeys, blue monkeys, white cheeked mangabeys, olive baboons, black & white colobus and the park is home to East Africa’s largest populations of L’Hoest’s monkeys and red colobus monkeys.
Chimpanzee Tracking is the most popular activity at Kibale and is the main attraction and activity at the park. The park shelters an astounding 1500 chimpanzees. Tracking takes place twice a day, in the morning and in the late afternoon. At night, it is possible to enjoy guided forest walks to search for nocturnal primates such as bush babies and the unhurried pottos.
The nearby Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary is a community-run reserve that was established to protect the Magombe Swamp, a haven for both birders, with over 330 species recorded.
Breakfast at the lodge and then depart for the Kibale Forest, at Kayanchu, for a guided forest trek in search of the Chimpanzees. Once located, a maximum of 1hr is allowed to view the wild chimpanzees. During the forest walk, it may be possible to come across the 12 other primate species living in the forest, including the grey‐cheeked mangabey and the red‐tailed monkey. The walk is fairly easy due to the well‐maintained trails and reasonably flat terrain. Full Board accommodation at Primate Lodge Standard Cottages / Chimpanzee Forest Guest House.
Breakfast at the lodge, and an early departure (07h00) to the legendary Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Arrive at the lodge in time for lunch. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure to relax. Full Board accommodation at Engagi Lodge / Buhoma Haven Lodge
Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park supports almost half of the world’s endangered Mountain Gorillas. There are several forest trails during which you can find the stunning vegetation and more than 350 species of colourful birds and butterflies. Chimpanzees, and elephants are present, but may be hard to come across. It is easier to encounter small forest antelopes such as bushbucks and duikers. It is the only forest in the world in which chimpanzees and gorillas co-exist successfully.
During the stay at Bwindi, we recommend a visit to the Batwa, Uganda’s oldest living ethnic group. The hunter-gatherer community works together with the park authorities to preserve the forest and its wild animals, and each visit to Bwindi, and to their cultural villages supplements their income and discourages excessive bush meat hunting. The visit is extremely interesting and it is possible to spend an entire day learning about their lifestyle, including sharing their meals and joining in the rejuvenating cultural dances!
Breakfast at the lodge, and drive to the park headquarters to prepare for the Gorilla Tracking experience. Return to the lodge. Full Board accommodation at Mahogany Springs Lodge. The lodge provides bottled water/mineral water during all meals, and 01 glass of house wine, 01 bottle of local beer, or 01 soft drink is included at dinner.
Breakfast at the lodge, and transfer to the Kihihi Airstrip for the scheduled flight to the Entebbe International Airport. Depart at 09h45 and arrive at approximately 11h25 (the flight may make stops at other airstrips in the Bwindi area prior to arriving at Entebbe.
Included in Price:
- An English speaking full-time professional guide/driver
- All park entry fees
- Accommodation as mentioned
- Meals as stated - Full board while on safari
- Transport (in a 4 x 4 land cruiser)
- 1 gorilla permits per person
- 1 chimpanzee permit per person
- Bottled drinking water in the vehicle
- 1 scheduled internal flight
Excluded in price:
- Meals while in Kampala / Entebbe hotels (except Breakfast)
- Any optional or extra activity not involved in the itinerary
- International flights
- Other personal expenses like buying of crafts, cigars, souvenirs, tips, laundry services,porters, telephone, and drinks
Kibale Forest Camp
We use both standard 4×4 customized safari vans and 4×4 luxury customized safari Land cruisers with pop-up roofs for maximum game viewing, wildlife filming and photography and easy for taking as many photos as you can. Our Landcruisers are also fitted with charging system for your cameras, phones and also every client is guaranteed a window seat for easy view.
Our drive/guides are very professionally and well trained, we know every successful safari needs a great guide, majority of the comments from our clients regarding our services are centered on the professionalism of our guides.
Change of the itineraries:
The itinerary may change occasionally due to the availability of gorilla permits and accommodation.
Wi-Fi is available in most accommodations but sometimes it is limited due to weak signal points in some places.
Surcharge on Christmas festive season 24/12, 25/12, 26/12 , New Year Eve 31/12 and New Years 1/1
Policy for single and extra bed:
The third person using extra bed: Price as one adult
Policy for Children:
01 child under 4-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): Free of charge
• 01 child from 4 and under 9-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• 02 children under 4 years old (staying with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• From 9-year-old: price as an adult.children below 15 years are not allowed to trek gorillas
- A deposit of 20% on the safari cost is required when booking a safari. If a safari includes gorilla tracking and chimpanzee tracking then the deposit should include the full cost of the gorilla permit fee (US$600) and chimpanzee permit fee (US$150) per pemit per person as well. The remaining balance must be paid 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged up on booking.
• Payment in cash: Cash shall be paid at our office or will be collected at your hotel.
• Credit card: credit card fee is applied to the total amount and different from type of card
• Bank transfer: Please note that the bank fee in Uganda, and the international bank for transmission are covered by the client.
What to bring:
- Trail shoes or running shoes with a good solid grip and good support and cotton socks are the most versatile and comfortable footwear for this trip. Some people prefer their well broken-in hiking boots
- A wide-brimmed or peaked hat for sun protection.
- Poncho or raincoat just in case, especially if gorilla trekking is on your itinerary
- Light sweater, jacket or sweatshirt for cooler evenings. It cools off quite drastically in the higher elevations
- Sunglasses, Sun cream
- Camera and film
- Free cancellation on safari cost up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.
No refund of any kind on Gorilla and chimpanzee permits
2019 pricesPrices are Quoted in USD and are for per person sharing
|No. of people in group||Cost per person sharing in USD|
|Single Room Supplement||300|