Gorilla trekking and wildlife safari in Uganda from Kigali Rwanda highlights
Starts and ends in Kigali Rwanda
track Gorillas in Bwindi
enjoy a wildlife safari in Queen Elizabeth Game Park
This Uganda 5 day Gorilla trekking and wildlife safari in Uganda from Kigali Rwanda safari , will give you a chance to view Uganda mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park or Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and also game viewing in Queen Elizabeth National Park with boat ride on Kazinga Channel connecting lake Gorge and Lake Edward. Gorilla trekking and wildlife safari in Uganda from Kigali Rwanda starts from Kigali Rwanda and ends in Kigali Rwanda.
Depart Rwanda Kigali in the morning after breakfast for Gorilla trekking and wildlife safari in Uganda from Kigali Rwanda driving south-westwards to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Bwindi is best known for its Mountain Gorillas presence and spectacular bird population, En route you have plenty of photographic opportunities along the way. You will then cross the border, after clearing with immigration officials on both sides you will continue on your drive to Kabale Town where there will be a stopover stop for lunch.
you will then continue to your accommodation to relax waiting for your gorilla trekking experience the next morning.
After breakfast you will transfer to the park headquarters for the briefing before you set off at 9:00 am through the tracks to search for the humble giants. You will go with packed lunch because it’s hard to determine how long it will take you to meet these great apes. However the time ranges between 2-9 hours depending on the
movement of the giant primates. The activity is tedious, it entails walking along steep hilly tracks however encountering these great relatives of man erases all the poor memories/ hardships you went through in trying to find them. After the Gorilla Tracking activity, go back to your accommodation for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast, you will embark on the journey to Queen Elizabeth National Park. The drive will take through the beautiful Kigezi region via Ruhija and through the Ishasha sector. Be on the look out tree climbing lions in the Ishasha sector. You will have a game drive en-route where you might spot game along the way.
You will arrive at your accommodation in Queen Elizabeth National Park in the afternoon.
After an early morning warm up tea or coffee, you will head for a game drive along Kasenyi tracks in search of animals like: lions, cape buffalos, elephants, warthogs,
waterbucks, spotted hyenas, mangoose, kobs and, if you are lucky, the leopard is often spotted. Over 606 bird species have been recorded in this park and most
notably along the Kazinga channel.
Return for a full breakfast, relax and prepare for yet another exciting activity in the afternoon. After lunch you will transfer to enjoy a unique two hours boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel. This launch cruise gives you a great opportunity for photography, animal and bird watching at close range. Dinner and overnight
Very early in the morning before dawn, you will wake up to have a cup of coffee or a glass of water/ juice then proceed for an early morning game drive. This game
drive will take you through the Kasenyi track and the queens’ mile in the park and will reward you with animals like Lions, elephants, hyenas, Giant forest hogs, Bush
bucks, Warthogs, Hyenas, civets, aardvarks, Leopards, and many more. After the game drive you will drive back to your accommodation for late breakfast and then later on drive to Kigali Rwanda to reach in the evening to either stay overnight in a hotel in Kigali or connect with your international flight out.
We use both standard 4×4 customized safari vans and 4×4 luxury customized safari Land cruisers with pop-up roofs for maximum game viewing, wildlife filming and photography and easy for taking as many photos as you can. Our Landcruisers are also fitted with charging system for your cameras, phones and also every client is guaranteed a window seat for easy view.
Our drive/guides are very professionally and well trained, we know every successful safari needs a great guide, majority of the comments from our clients regarding our services are centered on the professionalism of our guides.
Change of the itineraries:
The itinerary may change occasionally due to the availability of gorilla permits and accommodation.
Wi-Fi is available in most accommodations but sometimes it is limited due to weak signal points in some places.
Surcharge on Christmas festive season 24/12, 25/12, 26/12 , New Year Eve 31/12 and New Years 1/1
Policy for single and extra bed:
The third person using extra bed: Price as one adult
Policy for Children:
01 child under 4-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): Free of charge
• 01 child from 4 and under 9-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• 02 children under 4 years old (staying with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• From 9-year-old: price as an adult.children below 15 years are not allowed to trek gorillas
- A deposit of 20% on the safari cost is required when booking a safari. If a safari includes gorilla tracking and chimpanzee tracking then the deposit should include the full cost of the gorilla permit fee (US$600) and chimpanzee permit fee (US$150) per pemit per person as well. The remaining balance must be paid 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged up on booking.
• Payment in cash: Cash shall be paid at our office or will be collected at your hotel.
• Credit card: credit card fee is applied to the total amount and different from type of card
• Bank transfer: Please note that the bank fee in Uganda, and the international bank for transmission are covered by the client.
What to bring:
- Trail shoes or running shoes with a good solid grip and good support and cotton socks are the most versatile and comfortable footwear for this trip. Some people prefer their well broken-in hiking boots
- A wide-brimmed or peaked hat for sun protection.
- Poncho or raincoat just in case, especially if gorilla trekking is on your itinerary
- Light sweater, jacket or sweatshirt for cooler evenings. It cools off quite drastically in the higher elevations
- Sunglasses, Sun cream
- Camera and film
- Free cancellation on safari cost up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.
No refund of any kind on Gorilla and chimpanzee permits