A Safari package for gorilla trekking, chimp tracking and wildlife safari in both Queen Elizabeth game and Lake Mburo National park with a boat cruise to see plenty of hippos included in the package.
Day 1: Drive by road to Kibale Forest
Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking in Kibale Forest and Bigodi swamp walk
Day 3: Transfer by road to Queen Elizabeth Game, Launch cruise on Kazinga Channel
Day 4: Drive to Bwindi Forest Via Ishasha in search of tree climbing lions.
Day 5: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Forest
Day 6: Transfer by road to Lake Mburo, Game drives
Day 7: Game drive then drive to Entebbe where services end.
Gorilla tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest and chimp tracking in Kibale Forest. Meet our closest cousins the apes in one trip. This safaris is once in a lifetime encounters with mountain gorillas and chimpanzees in the afromontane and tropical rain forests of Uganda in the company of trained rangers.
Early in the morning we will leave for Kibale Forest NP to start our gorilla trekking, chimp tracking and wildlife safari. In the afternoon we will arrive at Kibale Forest Camp, where we will stay sleeping with the sounds birds of the tropical rainforest.
At 8.00 am we will start with the 4 hour chimp walk during which you may also get to see 10 other primates! Kibale NP is also known for all the butterflies and birds. In the afternoon we will walk through Bigodi Swamp (home to a community based project).
On the 3rd day of our gorilla trekking, chimp tracking and wildlife safari we will have an early morning departure for Queen Elizabeth NP. Via Fort Portal we reach Queen Elizabeth park at about midday The Bush Lodge Lodge in Queen Elizabeth NP with a stunningly beautiful view over Kazinga Channel. On the program is a two hours launch trip on the Kazinga channel where we will see many animals from the waterside.
In the morning we leave for Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The road takes us through a beautiful landscape called the Switzerland of Africa. We pass mountains, hills and lakes with cultivated terraces and tropical rainforest and bamboo forest.
This is the day of gorilla tracking in Bwindi Forest. You will report to the Uganda Wildlife Authority offices by 7:45 am you will be at the Offices of Bwindi Impenetrable NP for briefing and at 8:30 you will start the trek to find the giant mountain gorillas after finding the mountain gorillas you will spend with maximum 1 hour. All visitors are expected back to the starting point by 7:00 pm. Being physically fit is recommended for tracking the gorillas.
Early in the morning we will leave for Lake Mburo National Park. You will have lunch in Mbarara before you continue to Lake Mburo, a smaller but unique park, and the only one in the Western part of Uganda with impalas and zebras. In the park we will go on an early evening/late afternoon game-viewing drive if staying in Luxury accommodation. If staying in budget accommodation this afternoon will be for the village/cultural walk.
After an early morning game drive and a late breakfast the last part of the journey will bring us back to Kampala. After Masaka there will be an opportunity to a stop at the Equator for lunch, photo shoots and buying souvenirs and have tea or coffee. We will then bring you to a guesthouse, campsite or hotel of your choice in Kampala or Entebbe or, if you continue your holiday somewhere else or back home, we will bring you directly to Entebbe airport for an onwards flight.
- An English speaking full-time professional guide/driver
- All park entry fees
- Accommodation as mentioned
- Meals as stated - Full board while on safari
- Transport (in a 4 x 4 land cruiser)
- 1 gorilla permits per person
- 1 chimpanzee permit per person
- Bottled drinking water in the vehicle
- Meals while in Kampala / Entebbe hotels (except Breakfast)
- Any optional or extra activity not involved in the itinerary
- International flights
- Other personal expenses like buying of crafts, cigars, souvenirs, tips, laundry services,porters, telephone, and drinks.
Day Luxury Option Mid-range option Budget option
Day 1&2 Primate Lodge Primate Lodge Std Kibale Forest Camp
Day 3: Mweya Lodge Park view Simba Camp
Day 4&5: Mahogany Engagi Lodge Buhoma community
Day 6: Mihingo Lodge Mantana Camp Eagle’s nest
Day 1 – Kibale Forest Camp
Day 2 – Kibale Forest Camp
Day 3- Bush Lodge
Day 4 – Engagi Lodge
Day 5 – Engagi Lodge
Day 6 – Rwakobo Rock
We use both standard 4×4 customized safari vans and 4×4 luxury customized safari Land cruisers with pop-up roofs for maximum game viewing, wildlife filming and photography and easy for taking as many photos as you can. Our Landcruisers are also fitted with charging system for your cameras, phones and also every client is guaranteed a window seat for easy view.
Our drive/guides are very professionally and well trained, we know every successful safari needs a great guide, majority of the comments from our clients regarding our services are centered on the professionalism of our guides.
Change of the itineraries:
The itinerary may change occasionally due to the availability of gorilla permits and accommodation.
Wi-Fi is available in most accommodations but sometimes it is limited due to weak signal points in some places.
Surcharge on Christmas festive season 24/12, 25/12, 26/12 , New Year Eve 31/12 and New Years 1/1
Policy for single and extra bed:
The third person using extra bed: Price as one adult
Policy for Children:
01 child under 4-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): Free of charge
• 01 child from 4 and under 9-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• 02 children under 4 years old (staying with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• From 9-year-old: price as an adult.children below 15 years are not allowed to trek gorillas
- A deposit of 20% on the safari cost is required when booking a safari. If a safari includes gorilla tracking and chimpanzee tracking then the deposit should include the full cost of the gorilla permit fee (US$600) and chimpanzee permit fee (US$150) per pemit per person as well. The remaining balance must be paid 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged up on booking.
• Payment in cash: Cash shall be paid at our office or will be collected at your hotel.
• Credit card: credit card fee is applied to the total amount and different from type of card
• Bank transfer: Please note that the bank fee in Uganda, and the international bank for transmission are covered by the client.
What to bring:
- Trail shoes or running shoes with a good solid grip and good support and cotton socks are the most versatile and comfortable footwear for this trip. Some people prefer their well broken-in hiking boots
- A wide-brimmed or peaked hat for sun protection.
- Poncho or raincoat just in case, especially if gorilla trekking is on your itinerary
- Light sweater, jacket or sweatshirt for cooler evenings. It cools off quite drastically in the higher elevations
- Sunglasses, Sun cream
- Camera and film
- Free cancellation on safari cost up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.
No refund of any kind on Gorilla and chimpanzee permits
2019 pricesPrices are Quoted in USD and are for per person sharing
|No. of people in group||Cost per person sharing in USD|
|Single Room Supplement||380|