Luxury Gorilla Safari highlights:
Day 1: Fly From Entebbe to Bwindi Forest
Day 2: First Gorilla Trekking Day
Day 3: Second day tracking the gorillas
Day 4: Departure
Luxury Gorilla Safari – A short Luxury Gorilla Safari flying directly into Bwindi so you can start tracking gorillas the very next day. On the Luxury Gorilla Safari you will spend two of your four days tracking the gorillas. Optional activities include; self-guided walks, birding on the Batwa trail. It is perfect for anyone with limited time in the country or as add-on to Kenya, Tanzania or South Africa Game safaris.
Upon your arrival into Entebbe International Airport for your Luxury Gorilla Safari you be met and then catch your onward internal flight to Kihihi airstrip in Bwindi. At arrival in Kihihi airstrip your driver guide will be waiting to transfer you to your accommodation in Bwindi Forest. This drive takes approximately 45mins. You have time to either relax at the lodge while admiring the views over the Impenetrable forest or enjoy a self-guided river walk (optional), before preparing for your gorilla tracking in the next day.
Overnight Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp
Meal Plan: Dinner
Wake up early morning for your breakfast, then head to the park headquarters for briefing, orientation and meeting the guides, you will then be separated into groups depending on which habituated gorilla group given. Each habituated group if full will have a maximum of 8 trackers. The guides will lead you through the gorilla paths in the thick Bwindi Impenetrable rain forests searching for gorillas.
Once gorillas are tracked you will be given one hour interaction and taking photos. You need to take with you a packed lunch and at least 2 litres of drinking water.
After the gorilla trekking return to your accommodation.
Overnight Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp
Meal Plan: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Today you can spend a second day tracking gorillas. A fantastic experience and one that we recommend you make the most of. Ideally try and spend as little time today behind the lens of your camera as possible so you can fully appreciate this once in a lifetime experience. If you would prefer, there optional activities for you to do like; you could enjoy forest walks around Bwindi, visit the Bwindi Community Hospital, visit the Ride 4 a Woman Community Sewing Project, go birding, or explore the exciting Batwa Trail
Today luxury gorilla safari experience your driver guide will drive you to the Kihihi airstrip to catch your internal flight to Entebbe to later connect with your onward international flight home.
End of Luxury Gorilla Safari in Uganda
- 2 Scheduled internal flights
- All park entry fees
- Gorilla Permit
- Accommodation as mentioned
- Meals as stated - Full board while on safari
- Transfers Kihihi - Lodge - Kihihi
- Transfer to Gorilla trekking starting point
- Meals while in Kampala / Entebbe hotels (except Breakfast)
- Any optional or extra activity not involved in the itinerary
- International flights
- Other personal expenses like buying of crafts, cigars, souvenirs, tips, laundry services,porters, telephone, and drinks.
Gorilla forest Camp
We use both standard 4×4 customized safari vans and 4×4 luxury customized safari Land cruisers with pop-up roofs for maximum game viewing, wildlife filming and photography and easy for taking as many photos as you can. Our Landcruisers are also fitted with charging system for your cameras, phones and also every client is guaranteed a window seat for easy view.
Our drive/guides are very professionally and well trained, we know every successful safari needs a great guide, majority of the comments from our clients regarding our services are centered on the professionalism of our guides.
Change of the itineraries:
The itinerary may change occasionally due to the availability of gorilla permits and accommodation.
Wi-Fi is available in most accommodations but sometimes it is limited due to weak signal points in some places.
Surcharge on Christmas festive season 24/12, 25/12, 26/12 , New Year Eve 31/12 and New Years 1/1
Policy for single and extra bed:
The third person using extra bed: Price as one adult
Policy for Children:
01 child under 4-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): Free of charge
• 01 child from 4 and under 9-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• 02 children under 4 years old (staying with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• From 9-year-old: price as an adult.children below 15 years are not allowed to trek gorillas
- A deposit of 20% on the safari cost is required when booking a safari. If a safari includes gorilla tracking and chimpanzee tracking then the deposit should include the full cost of the gorilla permit fee (US$600) and chimpanzee permit fee (US$150) per pemit per person as well. The remaining balance must be paid 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged up on booking.
• Payment in cash: Cash shall be paid at our office or will be collected at your hotel.
• Credit card: credit card fee is applied to the total amount and different from type of card
• Bank transfer: Please note that the bank fee in Uganda, and the international bank for transmission are covered by the client.
What to bring:
- Trail shoes or running shoes with a good solid grip and good support and cotton socks are the most versatile and comfortable footwear for this trip. Some people prefer their well broken-in hiking boots
- A wide-brimmed or peaked hat for sun protection.
- Poncho or raincoat just in case, especially if gorilla trekking is on your itinerary
- Light sweater, jacket or sweatshirt for cooler evenings. It cools off quite drastically in the higher elevations
- Sunglasses, Sun cream
- Camera and film
- Free cancellation on safari cost up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.
No refund of any kind on Gorilla and chimpanzee permits