Rwanda Gorilla Safari and wildlife Safari Highlights:
Day 1: transfer to volcanoes national park.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking.
Day 3: Dian Fossey tour
Day 4: transfer to Nyungwe national park.
Day 5: chimpanzee trekking.
Day 6: Visit Genocide Memorial
Day 7: city tour and transfer to the airport
The 7 days Rwanda Gorilla Safari and wildlife Safari allows you to explore best destinations of Rwanda in details. You will reach to the historical places, join on cultural activities, view wildlife and you will enjoy Rwanda as a country. The safari will take you to volcanoes national park, Dian Fossey, Nyungwe national park and Genocide memorial where the bodies of over 1500 people were buried.
Our Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda Safaris Guide will pick you up from your hotel or from Kigali International Airport for your transfer to Volcanoes National Park in the Musanze province. Volcanoes national park the home to over 360 mountain gorillas with 7 habituated groups available for visitors to trek. You will check-in to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Wake up early have breakfast and head to famous Dian Fossey Research Centre and grave yard. Dian fossey research centre was started by Dr. Fossey and she spent close to two decades habituating, studying and conserving the endangered mountain gorillas. Return to the lodge for meals and overnight.
Take morning breakfast and the driver will transfer you to nyungwe forest national park. Nyungwe forest has variety habituate including the montane forest, bamboo, grasslands, swamps and bogs and the forest is mountainous. Nyungwe forest is best destination for golden monkey trekking experience. When you reach, will check-in to the lodge, meals and overnights at the lodge.
You will have morning breakfast and then proceed to headquarters for briefing on chimpanzee tracking. You will enter the jungle to search for chimpanzees and colonies of habituated golden monkeys. You will observe other wildlife in the forest like grey-cheeked mangabeys, blue monkeys, Angolan colobus and owl-faced monkey to mention the few. After you will return back to lodge for meals and overnight at the same lodge with day 4.
Have breakfast and head to Genocide Memorial where you find the remains of the people who were killed. The war killed thousands of the Tutsis and Hutus. Meals and overnights at hotel.
You will have city tour in Kigali city and lunch, after the driver will transfer you to airport for your flight back home marking the end of your Rwanda Gorilla Safari and wildlife Safari.
We use both standard 4×4 customized safari vans and 4×4 luxury customized safari Land cruisers with pop-up roofs for maximum game viewing, wildlife filming and photography and easy for taking as many photos as you can. Our Landcruisers are also fitted with charging system for your cameras, phones and also every client is guaranteed a window seat for easy view.
Our drive/guides are very professionally and well trained, we know every successful safari needs a great guide, majority of the comments from our clients regarding our services are centered on the professionalism of our guides.
Change of the itineraries:
The itinerary may change occasionally due to the availability of gorilla permits and accommodation.
Wi-Fi is available in most accommodations but sometimes it is limited due to weak signal points in some places.
Surcharge on Christmas festive season 24/12, 25/12, 26/12 , New Year Eve 31/12 and New Years 1/1
Policy for single and extra bed:
The third person using extra bed: Price as one adult
Policy for Children:
01 child under 4-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): Free of charge
• 01 child from 4 and under 9-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• 02 children under 4 years old (staying with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• From 9-year-old: price as an adult.children below 15 years are not allowed to trek gorillas
- A deposit of 20% on the safari cost is required when booking a safari. If a safari includes gorilla tracking and chimpanzee tracking then the deposit should include the full cost of the gorilla permit fee (US$600) and chimpanzee permit fee (US$150) per pemit per person as well. The remaining balance must be paid 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged up on booking.
• Payment in cash: Cash shall be paid at our office or will be collected at your hotel.
• Credit card: credit card fee is applied to the total amount and different from type of card
• Bank transfer: Please note that the bank fee in Uganda, and the international bank for transmission are covered by the client.
What to bring:
- Trail shoes or running shoes with a good solid grip and good support and cotton socks are the most versatile and comfortable footwear for this trip. Some people prefer their well broken-in hiking boots
- A wide-brimmed or peaked hat for sun protection.
- Poncho or raincoat just in case, especially if gorilla trekking is on your itinerary
- Light sweater, jacket or sweatshirt for cooler evenings. It cools off quite drastically in the higher elevations
- Sunglasses, Sun cream
- Camera and film
- Free cancellation on safari cost up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.
No refund of any kind on Gorilla and chimpanzee permits