Rwanda Gorilla tour and Golden Monkeys safari Highlights:
- Mountain Gorilla tracking
Visit to the ibylwacu cultural centre
Golden monkey trekking
- Optional -visit to musanze caves, dian fossey hike, visit to the twin lakes
Kigali city tour
A 3 Day Rwanda Gorilla tour and Golden Monkeys trekking tour in Volcanoes National Park home of the Mountain Gorillas. Among other activities you will do during this tour includes; a Kigali city tour, a tour of the ibylwacu cultural village and golden monkey trekking or optional Dian Fossey Hike.
Our Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda Safaris Guide will pick you up from your hotel or from Kigali International Airport for your transfer to Volcanoes National Park in the Musanze province. Volcanoes national park the home to over 360 mountain gorillas with 7 habituated groups available for visitors to trek for . You will check-in to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Have your self an early breakfast at your accommodation and then head to the Park Headquarters for a morning of coffee, tea, music, and performance by local dancers.
The Rwanda Park authorities will then assign you one of ten families of Rwanda Gorillas. After a short briefing about park etiquette from a park Ranger Guide, you will be ready to begin your gorilla trekking.
You will be driven to the tracking start point, from which your Ranger Guide will begin to track your assigned gorilla family. The mountain gorillas are constantly on the move, so it could take anytime between one and eight hours to meet the gorillas.
A packed lunch will be provided for you to eat either before or after seeing the gorillas in the event the gorilla trek takes most of the day. Visitors are not allowed to eat in the presence of the gorillas.
After your group finds the gorillas, you will have one hour to observe and photograph them. This will be plenty of time for you to see how the gorillas communicate with each other, move, and play. Your Ranger Guide will be happy to answer any of your questions about Mountain Gorillas.
At the end of your gorilla trekking in Rwanda, return to your accommodation for a well-deserved rest. When you are ready, in the evening your guide will take you to the Ibyiwacu Cultural Center in Kiningi where you can enjoy a performance of native dance and music by drummers and dancers. You will return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Early in the morning you will go to the park headquarters for briefing, but this time about the Golden Monkeys. You will head back to the forests to trek the golden monkeys after which you will return to the Lodge and prepare for the trip back to Kigali and thereafter to the airport for your flight back home.
End of Rwanda Gorilla tour and Golden Monkeys
We use both standard 4×4 customized safari vans and 4×4 luxury customized safari Land cruisers with pop-up roofs for maximum game viewing, wildlife filming and photography and easy for taking as many photos as you can. Our Landcruisers are also fitted with charging system for your cameras, phones and also every client is guaranteed a window seat for easy view.
Our drive/guides are very professionally and well trained, we know every successful safari needs a great guide, majority of the comments from our clients regarding our services are centered on the professionalism of our guides.
Change of the itineraries:
The itinerary may change occasionally due to the availability of gorilla permits and accommodation.
Wi-Fi is available in most accommodations but sometimes it is limited due to weak signal points in some places.
Surcharge on Christmas festive season 24/12, 25/12, 26/12 , New Year Eve 31/12 and New Years 1/1
Policy for single and extra bed:
The third person using extra bed: Price as one adult
Policy for Children:
01 child under 4-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): Free of charge
• 01 child from 4 and under 9-year-old (sharing a bed with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• 02 children under 4 years old (staying with parents): 75% of the price per an adult
• From 9-year-old: price as an adult.children below 15 years are not allowed to trek gorillas
- A deposit of 20% on the safari cost is required when booking a safari. If a safari includes gorilla tracking and chimpanzee tracking then the deposit should include the full cost of the gorilla permit fee (US$600) and chimpanzee permit fee (US$150) per pemit per person as well. The remaining balance must be paid 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged up on booking.
• Payment in cash: Cash shall be paid at our office or will be collected at your hotel.
• Credit card: credit card fee is applied to the total amount and different from type of card
• Bank transfer: Please note that the bank fee in Uganda, and the international bank for transmission are covered by the client.
What to bring:
- Trail shoes or running shoes with a good solid grip and good support and cotton socks are the most versatile and comfortable footwear for this trip. Some people prefer their well broken-in hiking boots
- A wide-brimmed or peaked hat for sun protection.
- Poncho or raincoat just in case, especially if gorilla trekking is on your itinerary
- Light sweater, jacket or sweatshirt for cooler evenings. It cools off quite drastically in the higher elevations
- Sunglasses, Sun cream
- Camera and film
- Free cancellation on safari cost up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.
No refund of any kind on Gorilla and chimpanzee permits